A new standard for activating SIM cards, Evolving Systems’ innovative patented Dynamic SIM Allocation (DSA) solution (available as a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution or deployed at your premises), allows wireless operators to offer the user experience and resource efficiency benefits of provisioning at point of sale without the retailer or subscriber self-service infrastructure costs. The solution allows SIM cards to be activated when the phone is first switched on and used. The only interaction subscribers have with the wireless operator is via the handset in the palm of their hand.
DSA enables operators to sell any product in any channel, with unprecedented scope for personalization at the point of first use, and greater engagement with existing customers to help reduce churn. At the same time, DSA improves efficiency in resource utilization and saves significant cost across the network and supply chains. Operators using DSA can address their market in a different way – competing through differentiation and driving revenues up, instead of competing on price and driving them down.
Evolving Systems' Dynamic SIM Allocation allows an operator to:
- Compete by offering choice - Operators can differentiate their service, by offering a range of personalization options to any customer. The personalizations that can be offered are relevant to the customer's device, location and other circumstances. Customers are attracted by enhanced services, not just low price, and the end result for the operator is that revenues are increased.
- Any product in any channel - Voice, data or mobile broadband; prepaid or contract – any product can be sold through operator-owned or independent retail channels. The on-device personalization process supports more choices than independent channels can conventionally offer.
- Better market data - Provide direct feedback on the success of products and promotions, from the choices made by users themselves, enable better targeting of future products and services.
- Reduce customer churn - Continue to offer new personalization options to users via their device after activation. This reduces the risk of customers churning away to other carriers.
- Efficiency improvements - Moving from pre-provisioning to 'just-in-time' allocation of costly resources, at the point of first use instead of weeks or months earlier can significantly reduce customer acquisition costs. Making SIMs independent of products in the distribution chain means stock can be more easily moved to meet demand.
By introducing Dynamic SIM Allocation (DSA) in 2008, Evolving Systems challenged established SIM distribution and activation practices. Chosen by wireless operators across Asia, Europe, Africa, and Central and Latin America, DSA has become the new standard for activating SIM cards.