Solutions Consultant – LATAM
JOB TITLE: Solutions Consultant – LATAM
JOB CODE: 21b
TEAM: Global CVML Solutions Consulting Team
REPORTS TO: Head of CVML Solutions Consulting
LOCATION: Latin America
SCOPE & PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Solutions Consultant role plays a critical role within Evolving Systems, responsible for marrying telecommunications client’s and prospect’s needs with our product and services portfolio during the business development, sales and upselling processes. Working closely with regional Sales, global Product, and Project Management functions.
You will be responsible for enabling sales and account managers in your region to acquire new clients, upsell and cross-sell the portfolio of products and services offered in the Customer Value Management & Loyalty Business Unit. In order to do this you will be required travel and to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas of our business.
You will perform market analysis, competitor analysis, client/prospect analysis, business case development, business proposal development, presentation/workshop design & delivery, RFP/bid response management and conduct product demonstrations as needed.
You will also be a key member of the global solutions consulting team, representing your region as you work with your colleagues around the world to continuously work on the Evolving library of marketing and use-case-based sales collateral. You will be required to work with the Evolving templates and pay close attention to detail to ensure global consistency as to how the documents, presentations and other materials you produce represent the Evolving brand.
PROFILE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
You have a tangible track record of 7-10 years of pre-sales, management consulting, product marketing and/or sales functions working with software or services within the Communications, Media or High Tech sectors. Ideally, you have an in depth knowledge of Customer Analytics, Campaign Management, Loyalty Program or other Data-Driven Marketing technology, with direct Telco experience in region. Experience in Digital, and Mobile is particularly attractive.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sales Engineering – Function as the regional expert on Evolving’s software solutions, use cases and case studies in order to develop and communicate the company’s value proposition in the region’s sales engagements with both existing clients and new prospects. Responsibilities include discussing and assessing customer requirements, translating them into a vision with a specific outcome that the customer can understand and defining the technical elements that make up the solution presented.
Customer Solution Articulation – With an understanding of Evolving’s product road map as well as maintaining an in depth knowledge of the solutions bought by, installed at and integrated in existing customers in the region, collaborate with the Evolving Product Management team and the other members of the sales and delivery teams to articulate and mediate between the customer requirements, business use strategy for the solutions and the internal Evolving teams to ensure customer satisfaction and solution capability alignment.
Deal Contract Documentation– Document the high-level scope of a proposed project, outlining the proposed solution and services scope, capabilities, use cases and the roles and responsibilities for both the customer and the Evolving. Liaise with delivery to obtain project estimations and follow the Evolving Sales Process to achieve approval for the offer. Author the solution design documentation, project approach, commercial model, business case and other supporting materials as needed to support the successful completion of the Deal Contract.
Product Knowledge and Understanding – Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s CVML products and services. Demonstrate a command of this product knowledge and the various applications, use cases and case studies of the company’s CVML products to fulfil both technical and business requirements. Use and create sales collateral as needed by the sales team in the region, ensuring alignment to the solutions capabilities and company strategy and messaging framework.
Demonstration System Use – Use and work with the existing sales demonstration systems and configure the systems as needed to complete successful presentations of the products. Proactively develop and design new techniques and use-case scenarios to better demonstrate the company’s products and to illustrate the business impacts for our customers.
- Market and Industry Understanding – Develop an intimate knowledge of the regional and global picture of the telecoms sector – players, strategies, marketing, technology and strategic challenges, as well as the competitive environment for Digital Engagement, Customer Value Management & Loyalty technology services vendors. Complete in depth research of a market and customer environment as part of the Sales Process to ensure a high quality proposal.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Deals closed with the regional sales team
- Region’s Bid-to-Win ratio
- Region’s Deal Review pass rate
- Stakeholder satisfaction from CVML Product Team, Delivery Managers, Global CVML Solutions Consulting team and Regional Sales Director.
- Quality, and global re-usability and knowledge sharing of produced collateral and deal contract development
- Experience in the Digital and/or Mobile industry working in the Telecoms sector
- Extensive experience in building and presenting detailed analysis and influencing decision makers
- Self-starter; comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Pre-sales/sales/consulting Experience in current or previous roles is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Expert-level user of Microsoft Office programs – especially with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experienced in operating within multi-cultural environments
- Experience working in matrix organisations
- Be comfortable doing detailed work and operating at a strategic level
- Work with virtual teams remotely across countries and time zones
- Willingness to travel internationally for presentations and meetings with reasonable notice
- Fluency in English is mandatory as 2nd language. We require native Spanish speaking for the region.
- MBA preferred but not required.