Senior Software Engineer for products
Years of Experience: 5
The Senior Software Engineer will lead a team of developers, responsible for building new and support existing products and applications. Senior Software Engineer will develop and enhance information systems by studying customer business operations and requirements; designing, developing and installing software solutions; support and develop software team.
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• Deploy solution in customer environment and perform Site System Testing.
• Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Protect operations by keeping information confidential • Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
• First and foremost, developing software our users need
• Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
• Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
• Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
• Be a persistent, creative problem solver
• Remain cool and effective in a crisis
• Stay on the leading edge of development practices
• Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- Unix shell scripting,
- Web services,
- Web Frameworks,
- Analytical and problem solving skills