Specific skills needed
1. Excellent knowledge and experience working in the English language, both written and spoken (University degree or English language certificate is required).
2. Good knowledge of the French language and other languages would be an advantage
3. Knowledge and experience of DITA authoring basic concepts
4. Expert in using Microsoft® Word 2013 or later, and be an advanced user of PowerPoint® 2013 or later.
5. Experience in script-writing, recording and production of short videos (screen recorded ‘how-to’ explanations)
6. PC and Microsoft Windows® literate.
As a Technical Writer you will:
• Design, create and manage update releases to end-user software product documentation (product manuals and guides), as well as online Help systems using Doc-To-Help by MadCap Software.
• Communicate and interact with Product Developers and Subject Matter Experts using Teams, Zoom and/or Skype to ensure appropriate changes are well documented.
• Review and format technical project documentation (Statement of Works, Testing documentation, API descriptions) to ensure consistency with product functionalities and corporate branding.
• Version control and maintain records and audit trails of changes through the document lifecycle.
• Ensure that current documentation is stored and available to the wider Evolving systems organisation using SharePoint and Microsoft® Team Explorer for Visual Studio® 2012 or later.
• Assist with script-writing and recording of short ‘How-to’ video as we look to embed this into our product collateral.
Our ideal candidate must:
• Have excellent knowledge and experience working in the English language, both written and spoken (University degree or English language certificate is required).
• Have good knowledge of the French language and other languages would be an advantage
• Knowledge and experience of DITA authoring basic concepts
• Be an expert in using Microsoft® Word 2013 or later, and be an advanced user of PowerPoint® 2013 or later.
• Have experience in script-writing, recording and production of short videos (screen recorded ‘how-to’ explanations)
• Be PC and Microsoft Windows® literate.
The following are considered a plus:
• Other language University degree or certificate (e.g. French, Spanish…etc)
• Experience in using Doc-To-Help by MadCap Software
• Knowledge of Kanban methodology processes
• Software development, or role in a software development company, background and experience
• Exposure to Telecoms industry
We are looking for people who:
• Can easily translate technical jargon into user-friendly language.
• Can structure information logically so well that a novice reader can use it properly.
• Are pro-active and have a dynamic approach when dealing with technical (writing) issues.
• Are able to set priorities and work independently or with a team to meet tight deadlines.
• Are accurate, attentive to details, and thorough.
WE OFFER YOU
• Working within a Multinational, friendly, dynamic and professional environment
• The opportunity to demonstrate and cultivate your skills while working with global leaders in their field
WHO WE ARE
Evolving Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVOL) is a provider of real-time digital engagement solutions and services to more than 80 customers in over 55 countries worldwide.
The Company’s portfolio includes market-leading solutions and services for real-time analytics, customer acquisition, customer value management and loyalty for telecom, retail and financial services companies.
Founded in 1985, the Company has its headquarters in Englewood, Colorado, with offices in Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, and North America. For more information, please visit www.evolving.com.
WHAT WE DO
In our Cluj-Napoca Solution Centre, we develop, implement, support and provide managed services for the use of our proprietary Customer Value Management and Loyalty (CVML) Software Solutions. Currently implemented and running live in >45 telecommunications operators worldwide, the Evolving Systems Customer Engagement Solutions offer an extensive range of integrated software modules used to orchestrate and measure the results of personalised, below-the-line offers to the mobile devices of existing customers and to run some of the industry’s most iconic Loyalty Rewards Programmes. We specialise in the data management, analytical procedures and integration foundations of our platforms to work with market leading BSS platforms and we are proud of the customer-centric and agile approaches we have adopted to deliver our projects.
WHO WE WORK WITH
At Evolving Systems, we work closely with our customers and partners, and strive to continuously improve our software and work with the latest technologies. You’ll have the chance to work not only with the great minds within our company, but also to build international relationships with some of the best IT and marketing teams in the telecommunications industry across Asia Pacific, Africa, the Americas and across Europe.